I am a consumer. It’s bad and I am announcing it to all of the world and finally admitting it to myself, blah blah blah. Anyways, since I spend so much time in TJMAXX (and shopping in general, no sugar coating right?) I have a collection of items/things/finds that I am obsessed with! Whether it’s because of the compliments I’ve received, simple desire to want to share the love, or just wanting to show y’all what I’m into right now the “A Few Of My Favorite Things” page was created.
- Maybelline Matte Lipstick (Touch of Spice) – if you know me in the slightest, or have simply seen me around you will notice that I llloooovvvee me some lipstick. Need a pop of color with your outfit? Lipstick. Want to give the appearance that you are wearing more makeup than you actually are? Lipstick. Feeling down? Lipstick. This my friends, is my go-to, my main squeeze. It is perfect for any occasion – with its color dark enough to give you a pop, but calm enough so that you can wear it during your everyday.
- Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask – OK LADIES, listen up. I received this as a gift from one of my best friends (bless her, she changed my life) and it has completely changed my nighttime routine. I have always had to put on chapstick before bed, and had previously been using the Vaseline Cocoa Butter Lip Therapy (also amazing, check it out). But this Laneige product changed the game. I know it’s expensive but I have been using mine for almost four months strong now and it’s still trucking.
- Argan & Hemp Oil Therapy – this magic oil is for your hair, and let me tell you something amazing. Not only does this baby handle the frizz of your split ends, but it also gives your hair some shine, detangles it, and also smells incredible. I was always super skeptical of hair products that involved any additional purchase outside of my shampoo and conditioner but I highly recommend this stuff.
- Humble Roots by Hannah Anderson has been teaching me soooo much in my walk with Christ and in my approach to viewing and practicing humility. This book has been refreshing to me, and applicable in the valleys and the peaks of my faith.
Pride tells us that all we have to do is organize well enough, plan effectively enough, and work hard enough and we can achieve our dreams. Humility teaches us that it was never up to us in the first place. The same God who gives us our desires is the God who orchestrates how, and whether, those desires come to pass. (p. 165).Anderson, Hannah. (2016). Humble Roots: How Humility Grounds and Nourishes Your Soul. Chicago: Moody Publishers
- Wait and See by Wendy Pope offers advice on how to “find peace in God’s pauses and plans” – doesn’t that just make your spiritual mouth water? I think everyone wants to know how to find peace in the midst of seasons of waiting. This book was incredible and truly gave insight and advice into how to change our perspective on waiting.
- Girl Meets Change by Kristen Strong was super helpful for me to read as I made my transition to college. She offers practical advice, personal stories, and from Scripture to help you find contentment and purpose in the midst of life’s shifts.